Monday, March 14, 2011

My First Year of Blogging

Although I like the idea of connecting with people who are complete strangers, it was with some trepidation I started blogging a year ago. Why would I want to clutter Cyberspace with another blog? Who would read my articles? How much truth should I reveal? What would people think? These questions, and more, chased each other in my head. But there were no ‘right’ answers.

Google Image
I don’t want to antagonize the people who happily hit ‘Next Blog’, or whose fingers land on the wrong key, and they suddenly find themselves drowning in my words. What if so and so recognizes himself and is offended? What if my words cause a friend to unfriend me?

However, I can only write with Honesty looking over my shoulder. So what I’ve recorded here are my own truths: my interpretations and recollections of happenings, maybe embellished here and there for some comic effect but, nevertheless, the truth from my perspective. We know that a single incident can be interpreted quite differently by various observers, each from his vantage point.

With all my heart, I hope the topics and memories I’ve decided to share here are worth reading and that the reader doesn’t feel short-changed. For various reasons we consciously choose to highlight some happenings and downplay others or even ignore them altogether. Some memories may be scratched only at the surface because digging deeper could be too painful. We all have our own ghosts and like Pandora’s Box, perhaps it’s best to leave them alone. Or keep them as ‘drafts’.

Despite this interest in ‘sharing’, I almost gave up and didn’t publish a single post for several weeks soon after I started blogging. I was quite lost and didn’t know what I should be writing about. Moreover, no one knew about my ‘secret blog’ because I chose not to tell anyone except my two kids who had to know because they contributed to the building of the site.

But the blog is ‘secret’ no longer—except to my siblings and… Mr. Hubby! To those who are following the blog I want to say thank you. To readers who choose to leave comments, my heartfelt gratitude. I think most bloggers welcome some kind of feedback and I am no exception.

Through the feedbacks, I now have a fairly good idea of what my readers expect or enjoy.

I hope to have another good year of blogging so I can share ideas, experiences and tell about the great books I’ve come across.

Thank you for taking the time to visit!

5 comments:

  1. You are a good writer, Tina. I am often inspired by your writing. Don't worry about the possibility of 'offending' anybody in your writing, you are not that kind of writer. Thank you for blogging. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, you are a good writer just the way you are. i enjoyed reading your blog, and cheers for many more good posts in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gunaqz! Hi Kukuanga!
    So nice of you to drop by and leave some comments too. Thank you for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina, I bless the day I found your blog :) Keep on blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Verone... I'm flattered!

    ReplyDelete